This week I checked off a bunch of important items on the house list, but decided it was even more important to get organized with a new routine. The first few weeks in the house we were all over the place with our schedule and none of us were getting enough sleep. Thankfully, we have found a new rhythm and the days are starting to go more smoothly. I’ve connected with several groups in our new hometown and surrounding area and set up/joined several weekly activities and playdates.
I organize and sync my calendars with iCloud, which means all new events automatically sync on all my devices. No paper scraps or lost appointments for me! My calendars include:
- Family: A shared calendar that both my husband and I can update and see on our computers and portable devices. When one of us makes a change to an event it also automatically sends an email to the other person. If you use the Calendar app on your Mac, all you have to do is right click on the calendar, choose “Sharing Settings” and type in the e-mail address of the person you’d like to share with.
- Personal: All the things I do during the day that I don’t need to clutter my husband’s calendar with (reminders about deliveries, bill payment due dates, pladydates etc).
- Yes RSVPs: Since I attend a lot of events through meetup.com I subscribed to my personal calendar that Meetup automatically generates for all the events you RSVP yes for, across all your Meetup groups. If you use Meetup, you can easily find your calendar by going to meetup.com. On the right side of the screen you’ll see “Your calendar” and a link that says “Add to…” Then you chose if you want to add “all my Meetups” or “my Yes RSVPs” and which calendar service you use. I also copy and paste the events from this calendar to my Family or Personal calendar since they disappear once the event is in the past.
- Birthdays: If you have a Mac, and you include birthday information for your Contacts, you can see all the birthdays automatically by going to Calendar Preferences and checking the box next to “Show birthdays calendar.”
- Peter Clarence: Since I was never able to make the baby book I wanted to, I started adding milestones, funny stories and other important memories to a calendar.
Do you like any of my calendar organizing ideas? Any more tips to share? Please comment!