On our last trip to the farmer’s market there were green onions galore and some very fragrant cilantro. I brought home some of both and have been using them all week with various other ingredients.
Last night I didn’t get a chance to start dinner until very late. I came up with this quick chicken salad and had to share it because it was so simple and even tastier than I was imagining as I threw it all together.
- leftover chicken, roughly chopped*
- a few branches of fresh cilantro, stems removed and minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado
- lime juice
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- unrefined sea salt
- Add chicken, cilantro and green onions to a mixing bowl and stir.
- Puree avocado, avocado oil and a splash of lime juice in a food processor. (It should be the consistency of a thick sauce.)
- Add avocado sauce to chicken mixture and stir. Add unrefined sea salt to taste.
*Not sure how much chicken it was, maybe about 1 pound. (I roasted a pastured whole chicken that was about 3 pounds. We ate the legs and thighs on another night and used the bones for broth. I chopped the rest of the meat for this dish.)